1. I could never let someone else raise my children.
I’m sorry but no one else is raising my children but my husband & I. Someone else might be WATCHING them, but raising them no. I still get the luxury of washing clothes, reading books before bed, co-sleeping, fixing meals, running errands, etc. Not to mention, my kids are pretty young so them staying home alone is not a safe option.
2. I couldn’t miss all of the first’s my children do.
I don’t miss any firsts. Firsts don’t just happen between the hours of 9-5 M-F. Firsts are just as important the 3rd, 4th, & 10th time they happen.
3. I thought your husband made good money.
Oh he does. And so do I. 😉
4. I am so glad my husband sacrifices all he does so I can stay home.
I would much rather have my husband home with us then working all of the time just so I can stay home. But that’s just me. My husband sacrifies a lot, & so do it. He shouldn’t have to shoulder the burden alone. If it is important for me to be with my kids as much as possible, the same goes for Daddy.
5. It must be nice to get a break from the kids.
Riiiight. A break. What’s a break? I am too busy answering phones, meeting with clients, going to meetings, & preparing time-sensetive documents to get a break. Oh….you must mean that 10 min. quiet time I get that is also known as lunch.
6. At least you get adult interaction.
Yeah most of the time TOO much. I would give anything most days to be talking to my children most of the day instead of my clients. Most SAHM’s go to play dates & run errands & DO THINGS. Everytime I hear this, I get annoyed.
7. It’s so nice that you have become so relaxed about your housework since you are so busy!
I don’t know about you but working moms & SAHM’s BOTH suck in the house cleaning department. Probably because we both have children.
8. Women should be at home with their children.
Wow. Old school much? Things have changed since 1954. Women can be anything they want to be now. Did you know women have even ran for President & Vice-President? It’s true!
9. I would miss my children too much if I worked.
And I don’t? I miss my kids ALL day long. But bills have to paid & someone has to pay for all of the food we eat & clothes we wear. Just because I am not home with them doesn’t mean they aren’t on my mind all day long.
10. Do you really have to work?
No. I don’t. I work because I like being super stressed out. It keeps me on my toes.
This was in no way written to insult SAHM’s. This is merely the point of view from a working mother.