It’s TMD resolution week! Personally, I haven’t given a second thought to resolutions. I haven’t had enough time to think about putting on makeup, making plans with friends, or folding the mountains of clean laundry stashed in my bedroom. I feel accomplished if I get to take a 10 minute shower without the girls climbing in.
I don’t even know what to do with myself lately. Right now my husband and I are in process of opening our own business, something I will write more about very soon. We started the process last summer, and we are getting scarily close to our opening date. My mornings, afternoons, and evenings have been filled with painting a million walls, working with sign companies, creating business cards, building a website and still somehow trying to fufill my required volunteer hours for my kindergartener’s school, pull off the best Christmas ever, and make dinner for the girls. Luckily, I was blessed to be given a break with other responsibilities by my blog sisters & MommyCon team. Otherwise I would be insane right now.
Since I have a rare quiet moment, off the top of my head if I had to decide on some “resolutions”, these would be it:
1. Spend more time with God. Life has gotten so busy that my spiritual relationship has often been thrown on the back burner. It’s something that is really important to me and to my sanity, and I know that if I let myself relax for a moment in His presence, I would get through my days with less stress.
2. Reduce stress in other ways. I keep talking about rock climbing again and jogging in the mornings, but I have yet to do it. I would like to put it in action. I keep getting some gnarly tension headaches, and I know its because I am stressed to the max.
3. Spend more time with screens off, playing outdoors and creatively with the girls. I have a friend who always says “Get outside and get awesome.” It’s past due.
4. Do more art projects for ME. Not fingerpaints with the kids or design for my jobs, but art that is a creative outlet for just me in 2014.
5. Pull my finances under control, especially with the new business. Organized, thought out, and methodical is my ideal new motto.
6. Read some freaking books. I LOVE to read. I read fast and my whole self seems to become part of the story. I can’t tell you the last book that I read.
7. Ditch the sweatpants and wear some real clothes that make me feel good about myself. At least every once in a while.
8. Take more photos WITH my kids instead of just of my kids. I don’t like my photographed self. I need to get over it.
9. Learn some new recipes. I’m a terrible cook and I have got to switch it up. I did just discover that Alli (who hates everything) likes green beans, so moving forward with introducing veggies that they will actually eat. I have felt defeated for so long with my kiddo’s picky tastes and I want to expand their horizons.
10. Smile more. Be more thankful. Be more gracious.
11. Rock at MommyCon 2014.
There you have it. I’m not committing this list to actual resolutions because I’ll probably fail – but at least I know now what I’d LIKE to do.