I never make resolutions. Why? Because I know myself and I know I will NEVER follow through. So this year I have decided not to make resolutions but improvements.
So here goes:
1. Get back into my spiritual relationship. I don’t label myself anything, but I do believe in GOD and I do believe in nurturing that relationship.
2. Build a better relationship with my husband. We have gotten off track, strayed from intimacy and built somewhat of a wall up between us. We need to tear that down, and now. We will be together for a long time and can’t let that wall get higher.
3. Practice more patience when it comes to my son. I have all but lost it. He drives me bonkers and I really need to stop being so caught up on his bad behavior and embrace those quiet, sweet moments..and cherish them.
4. I need to take this opportunity I have been given and embrace it. MommyCon is my dream come true and I am so honored to be a part of it. The joy I get from knowing we are spreading information, educating and building communities is immense.
5. Not stretch myself too thin, as much as I want to do everything for everyone, I can’t. Its time I start realizing that.
6. MAKE MORE FAMILY MEMORIES!
7. I really want to go on a family trip, if we can ever get our funds to afford us that luxury, I will be ecstatic.
8. Make changes to my body. I need to get back to my active self, love myself again and embrace what I have been given. Yes, I want to lose 40 pounds but I need to be ok with it if I do not. Right now I can honestly say I hate myself..
9. Keep in better contact with out of state friends and family. I am bringing “writing a letter” back in!
10. Really the most important thing I want to do this year is try my best, make everyday count and not dwell on what we don’t have, or what we could have done. I plan to make my decisions based on what my heart is telling me, and never look back. Let go of regret and just LIVE!
I would also like to work on trying for another baby. I will be 31 in March and while that is not “old” it is old enough for me not to have a 2nd, and possibly final, child. My heart aches for another baby, but at the same time I find myself afraid and guarded from allowing myself to get any hope in my heart that I will be able to do it again. I plan to have a natural, birth center, doula assisted, accupuncture and chiropractic attended birth. I know that I can do it, I know I am strong, and I know I have support, so it is time to make this a reality!
I have some really awesome new friendships from MommyCon and TMD and I am so glad to have these girls by my side as I embark on this new year and new journey!